Building our Community’s Workforce
The Alliance for Workforce Development, Inc. (AFWD) and the Northern Rural Training and Employment Consortium (NoRTEC) invite you to participate in their “Building our Community’s Workforce” discussion. This important discussion will help guide their efforts to provide the best possible services to their business and job seeker customers. Your feedback will be used to create a more comprehensive plan to address workforce challenges and strengthen efforts to respond to business needs. AFWD and NoRTEC will be hosting two sessions in Butte County. Please join this very important discussion at one of the sessions noted below.
May 9, 2016
Table Mountain Golf Course
2700 Oro Dam Blvd. West
Oroville, CA 95965
*breakfast will be provided
Chico Elks Lodge #423
1705 Manzanita Avenue
Chico, CA 95928
*lunch will be provided
The goals of the discussion include:
- Identification of most significant economic opportunities and challenges impacting business.
- Gather input from key stakeholders about workforce and economic development priorities.
- Determine types of support businesses need to grow their business.
- How to cultivate a workforce that is qualified to meet employer needs.
- Fully understand the industry, occupations, demographics and opportunities.
- Provide better information to businesses looking to relocate or expand.
- Identify education and training programs that are most responsive to employer demand.
For more information and to RSVP, please contact Esteban Tadeo at email@example.com or call (530) 879-3754.