Job Opening – All Metals Supply
All Metals Supply has a new job opening:
Sheet Laser Operator
Location: Oroville, CA
Employment Type: Full-Time
Submit resume in person at 600 Ophir Road, Oroville, CA,
Or email resume to Jared Nobel at Jaredn@allmetalssupply.com
Setup and safely operate CNC laser to process/produce highest quality products. Responsible for operation, proving programs, operating controls, and setting all machine functions. Deburring and inspection of parts to assure conformance will be required. Other responsibilities of this position are:
- Must be able to work from drawings and sketches, read and understand manuals/specifications, or sample parts to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished products, sequence of operations and set up requirements.
- Skilled in organizing work area before and after parts are processed.
- Stacking completed parts properly on blocks or pallets to eliminate double handling and work efficiently for an entire shift.
- Wrap pallets and bundles of processed parts to prepare for shipment.
- Detects equipment malfunctions or out of tolerance machining and adjusts machine within capabilities. Reports all machine malfunctions to Management.
- Locate and move raw material with pallet jack, forklift, and overhead crane.
- Understands machine set up including program retrieval, correct nozzles, correct gases as well as lenses.
- Communicates with management, production control, quality and other shop personnel for assignments and to resolve machining or quality issues.
- Required to maintain accurate parts and maintain motivation on routine repetitive jobs.
- May perform other duties as assigned by management.
Who We Are
All Metals Supply is the North State leader in Metal Distribution and Processing for area repair shops, industry and manufacturing. Three trucks are sent out daily, loaded with steel, servicing the area from Red Bluff to Lincoln. Click here for a view of what All Metals Supply does. For 34 years, All Metals Supply has been a company that strives to reinvest in itself. Currently the company is just finishing up a six million dollar expansion. Their expansion combined with aggressive purchasing poises them for a bright future. All Metals Supply is seeking experienced and dedicated employees who can help them continue to grow their company and meet customers’ quality and delivery requirements.
Experience and Skills Required
To be considered, applicants for this position must:
- Be able to read basic blueprints.
- Be able to use Microsoft Windows.
- Be able to communicate effectively with supervisors, coworkers, and vendors as needed.
- Be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Be able to stand, sit, walk, bend, twist, squat, reach, and perform repetitive hand and finger movements for an entire shift.
- Be able to work in cold or hot temperatures in a plant environment.
- 1 year experience in a processing shop / fabrication environment.
- Able to become forklift certified.
- Prior CNC experience is a plus, but programming is not necessary.
Qualified applicants will have the ability to work on multiple projects at a time and work in a face-paced shop environment. Must have working knowledge of metal materials. Must have an understanding of metal types and shaped. Must have good basic math skills. On the job training can be provided for the right applicant.
All Metals Supply is a fast-paced, 70,000 square foot shop with over 30 full-time employees. Employees enjoy a safety-minded shop culture where their ideas and suggestions can be heard and implemented. All Metals Supply is proud of their long-term customer relationships and strives to keep their reputation of high quality and service. For more information, click here.