Job Opening – Fabrication Supervisor
Weiss McNair has a new job opening:
Fabrication Supervisor-Paint/Powder Coat Finish Operations (Chico, CA)
Compensation: $58k-$72k DOE
Employment type: full-time, exempt
Supervises the activities of paint/powder coat personnel engaged in all facets of the coating function. Based on Production priorities, provides Supervision in the fabrication and welding area at the direction of area Supervisor or Manager. Has authority for personnel actions and oversees most day to day operations of group. 3 to 10 years’ experience.
WHO WE ARE
Weiss McNair designs and builds cutting-edge mobile agricultural products for the rapidly growing nut industry. Started in 1966, the company has developed a line of products spanning harvesters, sweepers and blowers that target a wide variety of nut crops including, almonds, walnuts, pecans, hazelnuts, macadamia, cashews, chestnuts and jojoba beans. Our equipment is sold in the nut growing regions of the United States, Canada, Mexico, Argentina, Chile, Australia, Spain, France, Italy and Israel.
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
· Plan and establish work schedules, assignments, and assembly sequence to meet production goals in a timely and safe manner according to work order scheduling and customer delivery requirements. Ensures that security and accountability of materials and goods are transacted using sound inventory control practices.
· Responsible for establishing and maintaining a work environment promoting positive, open communications, that encourages employee ideas and contributions while meeting all labor relations requirements for being non-discriminatory and non-hostile to all employees
· Provides guidance to employees according to established policies and management guidance
· Enforces all company and safety policies and procedures
· Ability to work collaboratively with others to coordinate operations and activities within or between departments
· Ensures personnel within department are adequately trained in departmental procedures and company safety protocols
· Ability to recognize deficiencies in personnel and make recommendations for training
· Ability to communicate goals and objectives to employees
· Responsible for performance reviews for department employees
· Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
· High school diploma or equivalent, Bachelor’s degree in Manufacturing Operations preferred
· Experience in all facets of paint and powder coating operations
· Experience as a fabricator, assembler, technician, or mechanic in a manufacturing environment
· Strong mechanical aptitude
· Excellent written and verbal communications skills
· Strong organizational skills.
· Awareness of time constraints, urgency, and on-time performance of all duties
· Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Visio, Outlook and Adobe Acrobat
OTHER DESIRABLE SKILLS
· Industry experience
· Welding experience
· CNC experience
· ERP/MRP system experience – preferably Epicor
Job duties are performed in a production and/or office environment utilizing standard equipment, such as a computer, photocopier, telephone, hand tools, fabrication and test equipment. Noise level is usually moderate to loud, based on specific activities. While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts and/or heavy fabrication equipment and can be exposed to risk of electrical shock. The employee may occasionally be exposed to fumes or airborne particles and/or hazardous chemicals. Working conditions can be seasonally hot or cold and dusty. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; and to sit in performing computer functions. The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Vision abilities include close vision, color vision and depth perception.