Job Opening – Nor-Cal Vans
Nor-Cal Vans has a new job opening:
Installer – 1
Location: Chico, CA
Compensation: Not Specified
Employment Type: Not Specified
Installer – 1 is the initial position for any new hire for the production floor of Nor-Cal Vans (NCV). For more information regarding how to apply, contact Nor-Cal Vans at (530) 892-0150.
This position has the responsibility for learning and assisting with any and all portions of the assembly, modification, and installation process, and will generally fall under the guide of one or more senior members of the team to learn these processes. Other responsibilities of this position are:
- General knowledge of: hand tools; power tools, including drill motors, jig saws, sanders, reciprocating saws, and the like; and safety equipment, including hearing protection, eye and face protection, and gloves when applicable.
- Must assist in overall facility cleanliness.
- General assistance with any and all aspects of the manual labor involved in the production of NCV’s product lines.
- Overall knowledge of the company’s processes and product, and willingness to learn new processes when requested.
- Presentations to the Shop Lead and/or Production Manager of any ideas for new methods to increase efficiency, up to and including recommendations for physical changes in both production and facilities, after an initial period of learning the company’s current processes.
- Assure that all tools assigned to them, and shop tools, are maintained as necessary and generally kept in good working order.
- Responsibility for personal safety and awareness of surroundings.
- Reporting of unsafe equipment or working conditions to Management.
- Maintaining a specific quality of work and department harmony.
These basic job requirements may include additional responsibilities as directed by the Production Manager. An Installer – 1 takes direction from and reports to their instructing Installer, Shop Lead, and Production Manager.
Experience & Skills Required
This position calls for a general knowledge of the manufacturing, fabrication, and installation of metal, plastic, wood, and flooring products in and on vehicles. In addition, this position requires:
- The ability to occasionally lift items of approximately 50 Lbs.
- The use of a forklift and vehicle lifts – training will be provided.
- Driving a vehicle.
- A current and valid California Driver License.
Learn more about Nor-Cal Vans (NCV) here.