Job Opening – Service Op. Manager
Weiss McNair has a new job opening:
Service Operations Manager
Location: Chico, CA.
Employment Type: Full-Time, Exempt
Directs, develops and manages the growth, profitability and customer service expectations for Field & Factory Service Operations business with primary responsibility for customer satisfaction and product performance experience. Prepares service quotations, schedules customer repairs, recruits, trains and manages Service staff personnel while insuring departmental compliance with all company and safety policies and procedures.
Who We Are
Weiss McNair designs and builds cutting-edge mobile agricultural products for the rapidly growing nut industry. Started in 1966, the company has developed a line of products spanning harvesters, sweepers and blowers that target a wide variety of nut crops including, almonds, walnuts, pecans, hazelnuts, macadamia, cashews, chestnuts and jojoba beans. Their equipment is sold in the nut growing regions of the United States, Canada, Mexico, Argentina, Chile, Australia, Spain, France, Italy and Israel.
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Responsible for maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Facilitates the timely resolution of customer machinery problems, activating companywide resources as needed to provide an exceptional customer experience.
- Manages all financial and administrative aspects of Field & Factory Service operations.
- Responsible for department Safety performance, achieving safety target of “zero” lost time to accidents
- Assesses the required level of technical performance required by personnel and assigns duties accordingly, taking personal responsibility for each employee’s skills and knowledge development.
- Responsible for management and maintenance of the Field Service and Factory delivery fleet of vehicles, insuring compliance with DOT regulations and driver reporting.
- Responsible for developing pre-season service and repair programs to establish year round profits within the department
- Responsible for all customer pickup and delivery of repair units.
- Responsible for delivery of most new Product delivery to customers in California.
- Works with Sales to transport demonstration units.
- Works with Production on work orders to ensure full utilization of service department labor.
- Works with Development Engineering on new product prototype manufacture, assembly and test.
- Constantly improves work processes, procedures, tools and techniques; including product quality feedback to Engineering and Manufacturing management.
- Builds a teamwork atmosphere that insures employee productivity and satisfaction while holding individuals accountable for their actions and performance. Builds a high performance team that achieves expected results.
- Maximize service operation resources by effectively developing employee training to ensure adequate level of skills and ability to meet the growing demand on service personnel
- Effectively communicate across the organization to ensure Service Department is working in coordination with other departments to meet organizational goals and objectives while simultaneously meeting the needs of the customer
- Effectively communicate with customers, U.S. and International, to build relationships and trust by exhibiting a high level of customer sensitivity and providing consistently high customer satisfaction levels
- Proactively planning for the future growth of the Service Operations by developing strategies that align with the overall organizational goals and objectives.
Experience and Skills Required
- Knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through a college degree/career experience
- 5-10 years combined experience in service repair supervision or management, preferably with Ag equipment
- Strong Mechanical aptitude
- Strong leadership skills which result in being a great coach, mentor and developer of people
- Strong management skills, including change management, conflict resolution, performance enhancement, organization and project management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Awareness of time constraints, urgency, and on-time performance of all duties
Other Desirable Skills
- Industry experience
- Experience with ERP/MRP financial and work order management systems, Epicor preferred
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Electrical systems experience, primarily 12 VDC
- Hydraulic systems experience
- Experience with Total Quality Management and Lean Manufacturing principles and practices.
Job duties are performed in a production and/or office environment utilizing standard equipment, such as a computer, photocopier, telephone, hand tools, fabrication and test equipment. Noise level is usually moderate to loud, based on specific activities. While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts and/or heavy fabrication equipment and can be exposed to risk of electrical shock.
The employee may occasionally be exposed to fumes or airborne particles and/or hazardous chemicals. When required to be in the field conditions can be seasonally hot or cold and dusty. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; and to sit in performing computer functions. The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Vision abilities include close vision, color vision and depth perception. Employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; and to sit in performing computer functions. The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Vision abilities include close vision, color vision and depth perception.
Click here to learn more about Weiss McNair.