Nor-Cal Vans Inventory/Production Assistant
Our organization is currently hiring an Inventory/Production Assistant to work in our Van Conversion facility.
The primary responsibilities of this role will be to manage the inventory control system, receipt in parts, label and store parts, pull parts for jobs, complete cycle counts, rectify miscalculations, report findings to management and make recommendations for improvement as necessary. Those who have experience working in warehouse inventory maintenance/management are encouraged to apply.
The Inventory/Production Assistant will work with both the Purchasing Manager and the Production Manager to complete specifically assigned tasks.
The Inventory portion of this position will be responsible for the following:
- Organization of inventory
- Receiving of inventory
- Stocking and labeling of inventory
- Inventory Cycle counting
- Pulling of inventory for job orders
- Review and apply inventory activities, including movements and deletions
- Maintain and update inventory records
- Develop and implement efficient inventory management procedures
- Reconcile inventory discrepancies
- Report any stock issues to management and place product orders as necessary
- Prepare a list of depleted products and a survey of unusable products
The Production portion of this position will be responsible for the following:
- Completing a bi-weekly inspection of all vehicles (Key List Procedure),
- Receiving and check in of all vehicles
- Running errands for the shop
- Help with vehicle transportation
This position will report to both the Purchasing Manager and the Production Manager for details on the specifics tasks.
Requirements for this position:
- High school diploma/GED required
- 2+ years’ experience in inventory control
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel)
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Exemplary mathematical and analytical skills
- Able to work regular and some extended hours
- Able to lift 50 pounds without restriction
- Knowledge of inventory management
- Current and valid CA Driver License
The following items come under his/her job description:
- General knowledge of:
- Inventory management
- Inventory Labeling
- Inventory layout
- Safety equipment, including hearing protection, eye and face protection, and gloves when applicable
- Assist in overall facility cleanliness.
- General assistance with some of the aspects of the manual labor involved in the production of our product lines.
- Willingness to learn new processes when requested.
- Presentation to the Purchasing Manager any ideas for new methods to increase efficiency, up to and including recommendations for physical changes in both product and facilities, after an initial period of learning our current processes.
- Assure that all tools assigned to them, and shop tools, are maintained as necessary, and generally kept in good working order.
- Responsibility for personal safety and awareness of surroundings. Also reporting of unsafe equipment or working conditions to Management.
- Maintaining a specified quality of work and department harmony.
The above basic job requirements may include additional responsibilities as directed by the Purchasing Manager and/or the Production Manager. The Inventory/Production Assistant takes direction from and reports to the Purchasing Manager and Production Manager.
Please contact Amanda McTavish at email@example.com with your resume.