Oroville Recycling Market Development Zone (RMDZ)
The Oroville Recycling Market Development Zone (RMDZ) provides businesses located in the RMDZ with the business assistance resources of CalRecycle and the City of Oroville. If your business is located in the RMDZ CalRecycle can assist you in:
- Locating feedstock materials
- Promoting your products through the RecycleStore.com
- Identifying funding sources, including CalRecycle loans of up to $2,000,000
- Facilitate your research with data and technical reports on recyclable materials and manufacturing processes
- Locating a site
- Marketing your recycled-content products to State agencies and other public markets
Visit the CalRecycle web site at www.calrecycle.ca.gov to learn more about incentives and services available to you through the Oroville RMDZ.
Much of the Oroville RMDZ is also within the Oroville Enterprise Zone (OEZ). The OEZ provides state tax credits for businesses located in the OEZ until 12-31-13. After that date the manufacturing tax credits will be provide through GO-BIZ, the California Governor’s Office of Business and Economic Development. Information is available at www.business.ca.gov.
The City of Oroville also provides direct loans to businesses that hire employees in the OEZ. City loans can be used in conjunction with CalRecycle loans. City business loans are not restricted to recycling businesses. City loans can be used for business expansion costs including real estate, equipment, and working capital. One new full-time job must be created for each $35,000 of City loan funding. City loans can be used in conjunction with other funding sources.